The International Symposium on Aquaculture Nutrition (ISAN or SINA in spanish), has been held regularly since 1993. Nowadays this event has become the main forum for discussion of issues related to the nutrition of aquatic organisms cultivated in Latin America, so it is obligatory that every two years researchers, students, producers and representatives of the industry meet, in order to know about the most recent advances in the field of aquaculture nutrition.
The first two versions of the Symposium were mostly devoted to shrimp nutrition, and from the third edition, the discussion of fish and mollusc nutrition issues are introduced.
Merida, Yucatan, will host the XIV ISAN, which will take place from November 13 to 15, 2019, an event that is being organized by the UMDI-Sisal of the UNAM and the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics of the UADY.
Following the tradition will participate keynote speakers from countries such as: Canada, United States, Mexico, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, France, England, Germany and Japan.
Interested parties are invited to present works related to aquaculture and aquaculture nutrition in the form of a poster on the following topics:
- Digestibility and Evaluation of Ingredients and Aquaculture Foods
- Nutritional Requirements and Nutrition of Aquatic Organisms in their Different Development Stages
- Metabolism and Nutritional Physiology of Aquatic Organisms
- Live Food for Aquaculture
- Nutrition and feeding of emerging species for aquaculture
- Process and Quality Control of Aquaculture Products
- Alternatives in Food Handling and Food Strategies
- Food for a Sustainable Aquaculture
- Alternative Proteins for Aquaculture Foods
- Additives, attractants and immunostimulants
- Standardization of Chemical and Biological Analysis for the Evaluation of Ingredients and Aquaculture Foods